1. The smallest NBA player of all times is Mugsy Bogues. He is only 5 foot 3 inches tall, while the average height of a basketball player is about 6 foot 10 inches. However, it did not prevent him from successful playing in the NBA for 14 years!
2. The height of the tallest NBA player of all times is 7 foot 7 inches. Actually here we are talking about two NBA players – Gheorghe Muresan and Manute Bol. Both of them are exactly 7 foot 7 inches tall!
3. Have you ever been told that you are not good enough at basketball? Do not rush to get upset. You should know that such basketball stars as Charles Barkley and Michael Jordan were kicked out of their school teams.
4. Originally basketball was brown, not orange as we all got used to.
5. First hoops had bottoms and after every successful ball throw referees were using ladders to take a basketball out of them.
6. Audience used to grab a ball, that is why it was decided to add a backboard.
7. Basketball game was invented as far back as in1891 by James Naismith.
8. The first basketball game played by women took place in 1892. Some game rules were adjusted for women.
9. There were times when slam-dunks were prohibited. They were legalized in 1976.
10. The first professional basketball game took place not in the USA, but in Toronto, Canada in 1946.