As we grow older, apart from the many health problems, wrinkles and looking old is another major worry. It is more worrying for women as compared to men of the same age. The dust, pollution and the poor eating habits, all coupled with the wrong eating habits have preponed the occurrence of wrinkles on the beautiful faces. While, some may not bother, but for others it may be very frustrating and irritating. People want to look young and beautiful for longer now. But with the stressful and busy schedules that we have, it has become very difficult to take steps to prevent wrinkles. Some of the best tips to reduce wrinkles are:
The UV rays in the sun cause irreparable damage to your skin.
- To avoid this, avoid the scorching heat of the sun.
- Long exposures to the sun should be avoided both in summer and in winter.
- Also, use appropriate sun screen, with the appropriate SPF of good quality to avoid damage to the skin by sun.
Eat food rich in Antioxidants
Antioxidants can speed up the ageing process surprisingly very fast. Eat lots of fruits and vegetable which are high in antioxidants to keep your skin healthy and fresh and glowing.
Drink lots of water
Water is the natural solvent of your body.
- Drink atleast 8 glasses of water everyday because it helps to speed up the metabolic processes and facilitates many of them
- Also it helps to flush out the toxins from the body and keep you detoxed.
Use anti-ageing products
With ageing skin becoming a very prevalent problem in today’s time, there are many such products in the market.
- Make sure you use a good quality and branded product that suits your skin type.
- From a range of products, do a detailed research on what is best for you.
Wash, cleanse and moisturize
Many women leave this as parlor treatment.
- Although washing is a daily routine, but the kind of cleanser and type of cleaning is still not effect.
- Moisturizer should be applied in all seasons and in adequate quantity. Loss of moisture in winters can speed up the ageing process.
- Do not over or under cleanse your skin.
There is a layer of dead skin that may accumulate on your skin everyday. If you do not exfoliate and remove this layer, it will make your skin look dull.
- Use a scrub, which may be even home-made, to exfoliate the skin and remove the dead cell layer on a daily basis.
It helps not just to keep you toned and in shape, but also helps you detox your body by sweating.
- It also increases the oxygen supply of the skin and makes it glow and more youthful.
Sleep is necessary to repair the damage that your skin suffers because of the dust and pollution outside.
- We have a high work load but it is still essential to manage your time and sleep properly. A minimum of 7 hours of sleep is essential to prevent you and your skin from ageing early.
- Also the sleep cycle should be proper. Don’t compromise on the night time sleep and try compensating it by sleeping in the day time.
Sugar is present in almost all kinds of foods that you eat, but sugar is detrimental to your health. Try avoiding foods that are very high in sugar.
With the increasing pace of today’s lifestyle, there is no time to sit back and relax. There is so much of pressure to manage workplace and home.
- You should give enough time to your mind and body to relax and be stable. Use techniques such as meditation and yoga to relax.
- Try avoiding too much of stress and stay positive.