You have been dreaming about it for so long, and this day has finally come. Your first traveling experience. First of all, congratulations! Second of all, we recommend you to take your time and to read our tips to make your first trip wonderful.
1. Take some measures to deal with airsickness and to overcome jetlag. Do not drink alcohol, replace it with plenty of water and try to sleep as much as possible during your flight.
2. Do not take a lot of things with you. It regards not only your clothes, but also your technical gadgets. Is it really necessary to take a laptop, a smartphone, a musical player, a camera and other similar things with you? We do not think so. Take the essentials only.
3. Pay respect to local traditions and customs. Keep in mind that you are a guest in that country and make your behavior correspond to the locally accepted standards.
4. Do not judge everything from your habitual angle of view. Be ready to embrace a lot of new things. Be open-minded. Absorb and enjoy. After all, isn’t that the whole point of traveling?
5. Make some research about your destination, but do not overdo it. Leave some space for surprises. Be ready to get lost. Unplanned things may become the most memorable ones.
6. Do not overload your schedule. Do not try to visit all the 200 museums or something like this during your fist visit. Trust us, such crazy rush will not bring you any satisfaction.
7. Taste local cuisine. It will tell you a lot about the country and its inhabitants. Almost every country has some dishes it is famous for. Taste them. If you are not ready to go to expensive restaurants, try street food. It may be delicious as well.
8. Let yourself be a little bit crazy. When you are traveling, it is a perfect time to go out of your comfort zone. Make your trip challenging. Try some things you would never do at home. But do not break law or hurt yourself!
9. Do not be afraid of traveling alone. Actually, it is how you can get the greatest exposure to the country and its people.
10. Stay friendly. It is easy to get overwhelmed with all those new things and lose your temper. But try to never do that. Smile, be polite and you will find good people who will help you.