With the diet of each one of us becoming more junk and less healthy, premature greying is one of the biggest hair issues people have. Also the corporate world expects you to look perfect each time. Your hair is one accessory that can make you look gorgeous or dull and unattractive.
Coloring has thus emerged as one technique that helps you not just fight grey hair but also to pump up your looks by adding a jazzy color to your hair and highlights in your hair.
Tips For An Amazing Hair Color [TUTORIAL]
- If your desired hair color is drastically different than what you presently have, it is better to get your hair colored professionally. If it is somewhat similar to your present hair color then you can try experimenting at home.
- There are a number of ways to figure out the right shade for you. You can go to different websites and fill a couple of questionnaires to select the right shade. You can also seek professional help to determine the right one for you.
- If you are trying to experiment with the shade or the style, try not to make it permanent in the very first go. Use it first temporarily and then go ahead to make it permanent.
- Before using the color for the actual purpose, make sure you have tested that it suits your skin. You should definitely do the skin test that is recommended in all the color kits that you buy. It is very essential to do that to avoid any strong allergic reactions later.
- You don’t have to do it alone. You can invite a friend to come over and help you with the coloring of your hair.
- Keep all the things required ready before you start the coloring process. Make sure you have Vaseline, gloves, towel, old shirt etc.
- Wash your hair atleast one or two days before the day when you are going to color your hair.
- Cover your skin by applying Vaseline, so that your skin does not come in direct contact of the color.
- Mixing the color should be done according to the instructions given on the box.
- Color your hair section wise. Separate the sections neatly and color them. After coloring each section set it aside. Clip it with a bobby pin or cover it separately.
- Make sure the color thoroughly covers your hair from the root to the tip.
- Keep the color on the hair, for the time that is prescribed on the box of the color.
- After the stipulated time, just rinse your hair. Do not shampoo your hair. If you shampoo the hair, all the color will be washed away.
- Apply a color nourishing or enriching conditioner that is supplied in the market for conditioning your hair after the coloring process.
- The time frame between coloring and washing of the hair will allow the hair color to penetrate in the hair completely.
- After your hair coloring is done, you will need touch ups after a regular time frame to maintain the hair color. For the touch up, make sure you do it every four to five weeks.
- You need to cover the ends of the hair with the conditioner and just color the roots and the top.
- You have to distribute the color evenly, so that all the roots are covered. Use a wide toothed comb to do the same.
- After keeping the color for the prescribed time, rinse your hair and reapply the conditioner.
- If you want to do highlights on the hair, you can use a different shade of the color that complements your hair color.
- You have to decide the thickness of the highlights and then use a paintbrush to apply the highlights.
- You need to follow the same procedure of rinsing and conditioning after that.